PAYYANUR COLLEGE GENERAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (PCGAA)
Payyanur College General Alumni Association (PCGAA) is a registered society under society registration act of Kerala Government. PCGAA functions as a nodal agency for maintaining link with the alumni and to involve them in the development and growth of the institution. In addition to this main body, the college has alumni associations for individual departments which meet at least once every year. These annual meetings renew their bond to their ‘alma mater’ and also provide an opportunity to draw feedback on the programs offered by the college, their effectiveness.
The association assists the college in instituting scholarships, organizing lectures and giving lectures by utilizing alumni members, as well as providing financial and logistic support to the various programs organized by the college. The Alumni is helping the students in their project work and also about the employment opportunities in their respective organizations in India and abroad.
The affairs of the association are managed by an executive committee consisting of the President, three Vice Presidents, the Secretary, three Joint Secretaries, the Treasurer and thirty committee members. Manager of College Management, Principal and one representative each from all department alumni association either President or Secretary will be Ex Officio members of the executive committee. Life time Membership fee is Rs. 2000/- and Ordinary membership fee is Rs. 500/- for 3 years which has to be renewed time to time. Membership fee for outgoing students is Rs. 100/- for enrolling them to the Payyanur College General alumni association.
Office bearers of Payyanur College General alumni association:
|Dr. P Balakrishnan||President||9446168477|
|Adv. T V Ajayakumar||Vice President||9447394543|
|Prof. K V Unnikrishnan||Vice President||9400409770|
|Smt. V K Nisha||Vice President||9847806128|
|Sri. K P Sreedharan||Secretary||9447437646|
|Sri. K R Padmanabhan||Joint Secretary||9447026333|
|Sri. P Sudheesh Master||Joint Secretary||9961735337|
|Dr. A M Vijesh||Joint Secretary||9447490909|
|Sri. V V Rameshan||Treasurer||9447210477|
Prominent alumni of the college:
Eminent Alumni List:
- Sri. K. C. Venugopal (MP)
- Sri. M. K. Raghavan (MP)
- Sri. T. V. Rajesh (MLA)
- Sri. M. Rajagopalan (MLA)
- Adv. Sasi Vattakkovval (Former Chairman, Payyanur Municipality)
- Justice P. V. Kunhikrishnan (Judge, Kerala High Court)
- Sri. V. Bhaskaran (State Election Commissioner, Kerala)
- Sri. John Brittas (MD, Kairali TV)
- Dr. P. Kunhikrishnan (Director of U.R. Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), ISRO)
- Sri. K. Kunhikrishnan (Max Plank Institute, Germany)
- Dr. P. T. Jayachandran (Scientific Adviser to Prime Minister of Canada)
- Prof. T. P. Radhakrishnan (Dean, University of Hyderabad)
- Prof. V. M. Murukesan (NTU, Singapore)
- Prof. Suresh V. V. (NUS, Singapore)
- Prof. Satheesh C. Raghavan (IISc, Bangalore)
- Dr. Kana M. Suresan (IISER, Trivandrum)
- Dr. Vinod V. T. V. (Liberec University, Czech Republic)
- Dr. P. P. Ajayakumar (Pro Vice Chancellor, Kerala University)
- Dr. Veeramanikandan (Former Pro Vice Chancellor, Kerala University
- Dr. Balachandran Keezhoth (Former Registrar, Kannur University)
- Dr. A. M. Sreedharan (Director, HRDC, Kannur University)
- Dr C. Raveendran (Former Principal, Calicut Medical College)
- Dr. T. P. Sethumadhavan (Eminent Educationalist and Career Guru)
- Adv. Kaleeswaram Raj (Supreme Court Lawyer and Constitutional Expert)
- Smt. Mani K. (Addl. Accountant General)
- Sri. K. V. Haridas (Rtd. Deputy MD, SBI)
- Prof. Dr. E. V. Ramakrishnan (Writer)
- Sri. N. Prabhakaran (Writer)
- Sri. E. P. Rajagopalan (Writer)
- Sri. Satheesh Babu Payyanur (Writer)
- Dr. A. C. Sreehari (Writer)
- Sri. Pramod Payyanur (Film Maker)
- Dr. Dineshan Cheruvatt (Member Secretary, Kerala State Biodiversity Board)
- Dr. A. V. Ramesh Kumar (Scientist, NPOL, DRDO)
- Dr. Felix Bast (Central University of Punjab & Antarctica Expedition Team Member)
- Adv. A.V. Vaman Kumar (Former National President, JCI, India)
- Sri. K. V. Venugopaln (DySP)
- Dr. P J Vincent (Controller of Examinations, Kannur University)
- Sri. Manoj Kannoth ( Film Editor)
Some of the activities/contributions of PCGAA during the period 2018-2020:
- Scholarships for financially backward students: 33 Scholarships (Rs. 10,000/- per student) were distributed to the needy students. Sri. K. C. Venugopal (Hon. MP), Sri. T. V. Rajesh (Hon. MLA), Sri. Sashi Vattakkovval (Chairman, Payyanur Municipality) were present during the function.
- Felicitation to Civil service exam topper Sri Athul Janadhanan and his motivation speech to the students.
- Civil Service Aspirants classes:
Selected students interacted with Kannur District collector Sri. Mir Mohammed Ali IAS at collectorate office, Kannur.
Selected students interacted with Dr. Rathan U. Kelkar IAS, Agriculture Principal Secretary, Govt. of Kerala at collectorate office, Kannur.
The two programmes were lead by Payyanur College General Alumni Association Secretary Sri. K. P. Sreedharan.
- Organized Seminars/workshops with different department alumni’s of the college.
- Seminars by eminent alumni members in various sessions: Dr. P. Kunhikrishnan (ISRO), Prof. Satheesh C Raghavan (IISc., Bangalore), Prof. V M Murukesan (NTU, Singapore), Prof. Suresh VV (NUS, Singapore), Dr. Vinod VTV (Liberec University, Czech Republic), Dr. Kana M. Suresan (IISER, Trivandrum), Dr. P. Dileep (Scientist, USA), Dr. P.T. Jayachandran (Scientific Adviser to Prime minister of Canada)
- Entrepreneurship awareness programme: Chief guest: Aneish Kumar (MD, Bank of New York)
- Career guidance classes:
Dr. T. P. Sethumadhavan (Eminent Educationalist and career guru) and Dr. Rajoo Krishnan (Eminent Career specialist and Former Joint Commissioner for Entrance Exam, Govt. of Kerala)
- Film fest in association with Open Forum Payyanur. Films about Srinivasa Ramanujan and Madame Curie were showed in the fest.
- Various programmes were jointly organized with Prof. KTK Foundation, a charity trust which works for student community…..Science fair, debates, seminar competitions and quiz competitions etc.